This module builds upon the foundation module from Unit 1. It is a legal practice unit and covers the principles of case and costs management of claims progressing through the civil litigation system in England and Wales. Trainees build upon knowledge in civil litigation and will gain an understanding of how to manage a variety of civil files in practice.
- Advise on suitable retainers and funding across a variety of civil matters
- Apply knowledge of case and costs management to a variety of client matters in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules
- Explain and apply the appropriate civil procedures and protocols to professional negligence and clinical negligence claims
- Explain and apply the Civil Procedure Rules to land and family law matters heard in the civil courts
- Provide advice on the Civil Procedure Rules in relation to a contentious probate and judicial review
- Explain the law and procedure relating to injunctions in litigation claims
- Identify consequences of claims where jurisdiction issues arise and advise on the costs