This module builds on previous experience of Professional Development Planning and sets a path of continuous professional and career development post ACL qualification. It does this through deepening your understanding of the professional attributes of a cost lawyer, professional career paths and your current level of ability.
During this module you will initially consider your current level of skill, knowledge and ability gained through your learning and work experience to date. You will then review your career and related planning and development approach. Finally, you will identify the training and development needs, and various approaches to attaining these, that you will need to pursue.
- Analyse the professional attributes required of a costs lawyer.
- Describe the range and level of skills acquired through your work and study.
- Evaluate your skills and attributes and identify those which require further development and will be able to devise and implement a plan to achieve that.
- Explain potential career development aspirations of a costs lawyer and how those aspirations apply to you.
- Create personal records that evidence learning to demonstrate to others what they know and can do.