This module provides the trainees to consider the wider context of their role, the work environment and career paths. It does this by looking at the business environment in which they will be operating both from the inside and the outside. It also highlights some of the major components of this, namely the employees and co-workers who work in it and the management and leadership of the business.
- Explain & compare different business models.
- Explain the main functional areas of business management.
- Explain and evaluate impact of external elements of the business environment on the business.
- Devise a business plan and objectives.
- Explain legal expectations of an employee.
- Understand the importance of management and leadership within the business.
- Present their answers logically and coherently.