This course is currently closed
The module is designed to provide you with an understanding of the Law of Tort and the main range of civil actions that provide remedies to those who have suffered loss as a result of a defendant’s carelessness or unreasonable conduct.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the general principles of tortious liability and the objectives of the law of tort.
- Identify and apply the constituent elements of the law of trespass to a given situation
- Critically discuss the tort of negligence
- Explain and apply the law in relation to employers tortious liability and the tortious liability for premises
- Apply and evaluate the principles of the law of nuisance and defamation
- Evaluate and apply the law in relation to the defences and remedies available in Tort law